Dani Pedrosa took his first win of the 2010 MotoGP season around the Mugello track today, finishing with a comfortably lead over season leader Jorge Lorenzo. Andrea Dovizioso also stepped onto the podium in front of his home crowd, claiming a third place finish at the Italian Grand Prix.
Pedrosa started from the pole position, and after a good jump off of the line, he never looked back. Pedrosa led for the entirety of today's race, building his lead to just over four seconds over Lorenzo at the finish line.
Lorenzo's second place finish extends his lead over Dovizioso on the overall scoreboard. Reigning champion Valentino Rossi, who was Lorenzo's biggest contender, suffered a crash during practice yesterday and is now recovering from surgery.
Last year's Mugello winner, Casey Stoner, took fourth ahead of Marco Melandri and Randy Puniet.
MotoGP - Mugello - Race Results
1. Honda Team 42m 28.066s
2. ESP Fiat Yamaha Team 42m 32.080s
3. ITA Repsol Honda Team 42m 34.262s
4. AUS Ducati Marlboro Team 42m 53.789s
5. ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 42m 53.801s
6. FRA black porn LCR Honda 42m 54.031s
7. Ben Spies USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 42m 56.872s
8. Aleix Espargaro ESP Pramac Racing 43m 8.238s
9. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 43m 9.460s
10. ITA Rizla Suzuki 43m 10.173s
11. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Interwetten Honda 43m 11.161s
12. Hector Barbera ESP Paginas Amarillas Aspar 43m 11.429s
13. USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 43m 42.459s
14. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki 43m 52.455s