Kyle Wyman on the #33 KLR Group Vesrah GK Motorsports Harley-Davidson XR 1200 machine takes the win at the Vance & Hines XR 1200 series at Road America on Sunday.
Front Four on the Grid
Tyler O'Hara on the #29 Bartel's Harley-Davidson XR 1200 took the pole position in Sunday's Vance & Hines XR 1200 series at Road America. #33 Kyle Wyman on the KLR Group Vesrah GK Motorsports XR 1200 was able to hold down the #2 spot on the grid.
3rd on the grid was #34 Michael Barnes on the Bartel's Harley-Davidson XR 1200, and the #24 Harv's Harley-Davidson XR 1200 rider Travis Wyman rounded off the grid with the #4 spot.
Kyle Wyman on the #33 machine was able to battle back after Tyler O'Hara on the #29 machine was able to lead the first 4 laps of 7 of the Vance & Hines XR 1200 series. It wasn't long before Kyle took over and lead laps 5-7 taking the checked flag and the #1 spot on the podium.
Tyler O'Hara on the #29 Bartel's Harley-Davidson Scrubblade XR 1200 took advantage of his pole position to lead most of the Vance & Hines XR 1200 race. O'Hara on Saturday had placed #1 in qualifying with a time of 2:36.546 during the 7th lap. o'Hara was barely able to hold on to that provisional pole after Wyman put up a lap time of 2:37.718 Sunday morning.
O'Hara on the #29 machine was able to finish the Vance & Hines XR 1200 Series Race in the #2 spot on the podium.
Barnes on the #34 Bartel's Harley-Davidson Scrubblade sponsored machine performed well on Saturday qualifying with a time of 2:37.989. Barnes opted not to participate in the Sunday qualifying due to funding.
Barnes, who is in dire need of sponsorship funding, came to Road America with 2 sets of tires. The first set he used in qualifying on Saturday, but then wanted to save the new set for the Race on Sunday. Barnes was still able to finish the race in 3rd despite lack of sponsorship.
Top Ten Finishers
- #33 Kyle Wyman KLR Group Vesrah GK Motorsports
- #34 Michael Barnes Bartel's Harley-Davidson Scubblade
- #29 Tyler O'Hara Bartel's Harley-Davidson Scubblade
- #24 Travis Wyman Harv's Harley-Davidson
- #45 Benjamin Carlson Suburban Harley-Davidson Bell Helmets
- # 88 Gerry Signorellli Kuryakyn Racing for a Wish
- #123 David Estok Ruthless Racing Deely Harley-Davidson
- #15 Michael Corbino XP Motorsports, Rossiter's Harley-Davidson
- #229 Darren James Ruthless Racing Deely Harley-Davidson
- #97 Nicholas Hansen Suburban Motors H&S Distributors