#1 Josh Hayes on the Monster Energy Graves Motorsports Yamaha R1 continued his reign of terror at Road America in Race 2, as he did in Race1 on Saturday.
Hayes was almost 14 seconds faster than the #79 rider Blake Young, extending his win streak to 6, and has racked up 257 points in the National Guard SuperBike series heading to Barber Motorsports Park June 22nd-24th.
I'll take the quote from the movie Talledega Nights that explains why Hayes wins so much, "he just pisses excellence".
Blake Young and Josh Herrin battled it out each of the 10 laps fighting for every fraction of a second and inch of asphalt at Road America during Race 2 of the National Guard SuperBike and Subway Double Header.
Young who took the #2 spot on the podium by fractions of a second ahead of Herrin, once again appeared frustrated at the Yoshimura Racing Suzuki GSXR 1000 performance. Young commented, "the GSXR 1000 had no top end, and is not able to keep up with the Monster Energy Graves Yamaha R1's of Hayes or Herrin."
Young went on to say, "we need to make some serious changes to this machine." You can see a frustrated Young cranking on the throttle on the front stretch hoping to get more power from the GSXR 1000. Young is second in the points lead with 3 wins, and 237 points heading to Barber Motorsports Park.
Josh Herrin, the #2 Monster Energy Graves Motorsports Yamaha R1 rider continues to podium and show great skill on the track since he parted ways with his Yamaha R6 last year. Herrin and the #2 machine exchanged positions with the #79 Blake Young throughout Race 2, but was unable to keep Young from taking the #2 spot on the podium.
Herrin has the #3 spot in the National Guard SuperBike Series point standings with 151 points for the year with zero wins.
Top Ten Finishers
- #1 Josh Hayes Monster Energy Graves Yamaha R1
- #79 Blake Young Yoshimura Suzuki GSXR 1000
- #2 Josh Herrin Monster Energy Graves Yamaha R1
- #23 Ben Bostrom National Guard Jordan Suzuki GSXR 1000
- #69 Danny Eslick Team Hero EBR 1190RS
- #99 Geoff May Team Amsoil/Hero EBR 1190RS
- #6 Chris Clark Yoshimura Suzuki GSXR 1000
- #25 David Anthony Kneedragger.com/Motul/Fly Racing Suzuki GSXR 1000
- #11 Chris Fillmore KTM/HMC Racing KTM RC8R
- #72 Larry Pegram Foremost Insurance Pegram Racing BMW S1000RR