Small enough to fit on a keychain and officially registered with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Breathometer™ is the world's smallest smartphone breathalyzer. Shipment to consumers begins in October with first units fulfilling orders for supporters of the company's earlier Indiegogo campaign. Additional production units will be shipped to new customers and channel partners.
Breathometer, Inc. is the brainchild of founder and CEO Charles Michael Yim, a serial entrepreneur with a track record of proven success when it comes to building and inventing innovative products. The Breathometer™ device is a must-have for riders of all ages and, at $49.99, is an affordable safety enhancement that allows those who have consumed alcohol to make an informed choice before hopping onto their bike.
The Breathometer™ works with iOS and Android phones and will be featured on the Friday, Sept. 27 season premier of ABC Television's wildly popular show "Shark Tank". It plugs into a smartphone audio jack, and in combination with a mobile app, transforms your phone into a portable and accurate breathalyzer measuring blood alcohol content (BAC) to within 0.01% BAC @ 0.02% BAC.
By blowing into the device, a user's BAC is displayed on the smartphone screen within seconds. If alcohol is detected, the mobile app's "Back To Zero" feature informs the user how long it will take them to become sober. The app also provides push button access to local taxi companies and other resources. Users blow into the Breathometer™ from an inch away and do not use a mouthpiece so multiple individuals can share the device.
"Breathometer is a valuable tool for anyone that consumes alcohol, no matter where they are, such as a dinner party, sporting event, or a bar with friends," said Yim. "With its compact design and affordable price, Breathometer is bringing an extremely accessible smartphone breathalyzer to the mass market for the first time, allowing anyone who drinks to make smarter and safer choices."
- Shareable: Safe, sterile and accurate, it is designed to share with friends.
- Portable: Designed to carry with you in order to make more informed decisions wherever you are.
- Accurate: The Breathometer™ is FDA-registered and boasts accuracy that compares favorably to other high-end breathalyzers.
- Back To Zero: Breathometer™ provides guidance on how long it will be before you are most likely "back to zero" blood alcohol level. This is an estimate!
- Technical Specifications
- Product Dimensions: 2.6" x 1.33" x 0.67" (67mm x 34mm x 17mm)
- Weight: 0.96 oz.
- Sensor Technology: Advanced Semiconductor
- Detection Range: 0.00 - 0.20% BAC (g/dL)
- Power Source: AAA Alkaline Battery
- Battery Life: Approximately 75 tests
- Testing Time (Sensor Response): 5 Seconds
- Sensor Accuracy: ± 0.01% BAC @ 0.02% BAC
- Calibration: black porn 250 tests