The schedule for the 2011 running of the Master of the Mountains at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah, is now official. The coming season will feature seven rounds, plus the Larry H. Miller Superbike Challenge held during the FIM World Superbike Championship’s visit to the circuit, over seven months with the first event in April and the final in October. As is standard in the series, the configuration of Miller Motorsports Park will switch between the East, West, Perimeter and Full versions throughout the series – amazing versatility is a trademark of Miller.
Master of the Mountains is organized by the Utah Sportbike Association (USBA) and it is sanctioned by the American Motorcyclist Association as an amateur series. The series is intended to expand road racing for the club and regional levels of aspiring motorcycle racers. The special Larry H. Miller race was created to show off up and coming riders from this series to the world stage with the idea being to allow the participants to have a chance at a professional career; not to mention the US$50,000 prize money.
In six years of competition, the Master of the Mountains series has attracted a great deal of attention and some top-level talent from the US and all over North America. To attend an event in 2011, see the schedule below:
- 16 – 17 April – Miller Motorsports Park West Course
- 14 – 15 May - Miller Motorsports Park East Course
- 28 – 30 May – Larry H. Miller Superbike Challenge run with FIM World Superbike Championship and AMA Pro Racing series
- 18 – 19 June – Miller Motorsports Park Perimeter Course (WERA)
- 16 – 17 July – Miller Motorsports Park West Course
- 20 – 21 August – Miller Motorsports Park East Course
- 3 – 4 September - Miller Motorsports Park West Course
- 1 – 2 October - Miller Motorsports Park Full Course