Eye-catching, functional, and constructed of 1680-D nylon coated with PVC and UV protection with a non-slip base section, the Firstgear Monza Tank Bag/Backpack 107270 boasts a new stylishly sporty curved profile as well as a carbon fiber look handle, pockets and trim and has won massively favorable reviews from the riding public.
Reviewers on Revzilla gave the Monza Tank Bag 4.8 of five stars while those on the Motorcycle Superstar granted four-plus stars in the categories of fit, finish, durability, features and cost. ($149.95 MSRP). If there is a drawback to this unit it may be the size of the backpack, described by one reviewer as being “tiny” and more closely resembling “a little girls backpack.”
Oh well, can’t please them all I suppose.
- 1680D nylon coated with PVC and UV protection
- Non-slip material on the base section
- Three methods of attachment: heavy-duty magnets, heavy-duty suction cups or straps
- Lower section can stay attached to bike; slip off backpack and carry it away
- Real backpack-style reinforced and padded straps
- Base unit can be used as a map case or small bag for short trips
- Dual zippered side pockets, map case, and a transparent electronics pocket with wire port for use with your MP3 player or other devices
- Waterproof cover
- Ergonomic carry handle and shoulder strap
- nterior mesh black porn and zippered pockets
- Reflective piping and Firstgear logo
- Reinforced side walls
- Large reflective strip on the front of the bag visible when used as a backpack
The backpack’s large map pocket is an ample 8.5 x 6.75 inches, certainly big enough to house a GPS unit. The smaller pocket with a window is 5x 4.5 with a 3.5 x 4.5 window and can store a phone or mp3 player. The two external side pockets measure approximately 4 x 10.
The base unit can be left on the bike for separate use on shorter rides when backpacks aren’t necessary and has an ample 13 x 9.5 map/GPS pocket and an 8 x 3.5 phone/mp3 pocket on top of the map window.
When off bike, the bag can be used either as a backpack or slung from the shoulder with a detachable padded shoulder strap. Given the smaller size of the backpack, most guys are likely to choose the latter option.
The Firstgear Monza Tank Bag/Backpack is certainly a top of the line option well within any rider’s price range. Whether heading out for a day ride or a shorter hop around town, this unit provides you the versatility to take what you need.